When submitting an application to the Customer Service Office or on the discussion forum , in addition to the standard copying and pasting of the content visible on the screen, e.g. an error message or notification, you can also prepare a screenshot on which you select an element that is important to you.
Thanks to the screenshot, you can point to a specialist, for example, your configuration in order to validate it and get feedback based on your current configuration.
The screenshot can be made in the form of a photo or video , which will contain the most important information supplementing the submitted application.
How to take a screenshot (image) – basic processing?
Using the PrtSc (PrintScreen) button available on the keyboard, you can make a quick snapshot of the currently visible area of the desktop (or other window) within your display (monitor). The captured material will be in the system cache.
PrintScreen stores the image of the entire monitor screen in memory. If you only want to crop a part of the image, you will need to edit it, for example in the Paint program described below.
How to take a screenshot in Windows in three steps?
On the monitor screen, display the item for which you want to take a screenshot and then click the button:
- PrtSC (PrintScreen) on the keyboard.
- Then run any graphics program, eg Paint (Windows) and paste the captured image by clicking eg CTRL + V or right-clicking -> Paste .
- After pasting the screenshot into a graphics program, you can quickly blur sensitive data, select areas of interest or change the size of the displayed area, and then save the modified graphics to a new file.
The graphic file prepared in this way can be sent as an attachment to the application. The screenshot will help you identify it faster and will complement your request with additional information.
How to take a screenshot with Windows Snipping Tool?
The Snipping Tool is an application included with Windows Vista and later versions. It allows you to take screenshots of selected, open windows or the entire screen. It also allows you to select your own (custom) area to capture.
The Snipping application also allows you to send your prepared screenshot by e-mail . After preparing the screenshot in Snipping Tool, you can do some basic editing of the captured image with a brush, pencil, marker and eraser.
To take a screenshot via Windows Snipping Tool:
- Select the Start button , in the search box on the taskbar enter the phrase: ” snipping tool ” and select: Snipping Tool from the displayed list of results.
- Use the button: New to start creating a new screenshot. By expanding the additional options at the New button, you can select a different cutout shape (e.g. free cut, rectangular cut, window cut, full screen cut).
- Then select the part of the screen for which you want to create a screenshot and select this area with the left mouse button.
- When finished, use the Save button to save the image. You can also use the basic graphics editing or the option to add notes: a pen and a highlighter .
How do I record a video from the desktop?
In order to record a simple movie that will illustrate, for example, a certain pattern of activities performed on a computer screen, you can use the free HyperCam tool .
HyperCam is a simple application that is immediately ready for recording after launch. Before recording, you can change a few basic image quality settings in the program, add sound from the microphone, indicate a new save folder.
The key setting in the HyperCam application is to indicate the recorded area. When it’s finished, the movie file will be automatically saved and ready to be sent on.
- Screen Area – use the Select Region button to designate the recorded area or Select Window to select the window whose content is to be recorded,
- Avi File – set the target directory for newly recorded video materials and the rate in frames per second – a setting in the range of 10-20 should be sufficient,
- Sound – here you can change sound settings, e.g. sound recorded from a microphone,
- Options – here you can change other settings, e.g. you can enable or disable the visibility of the mouse cursor.
Capture your desktop and place it in the online cloud
Jumpshare is available on the Internet to capture your desktop and quickly share images and videos via the cloud. After installing a small application, available after free registration on the site, you will get access to a simple tool that allows you to capture an image from your desktop.
As part of Jumpshare, you can take screenshots and record videos from the desktop, and then save them to a computer disk or upload them to the cloud to share the captured image or video online (sending directly to the recipient’s e-mail address or as a link / hyperlink).
Jumpshare offers free registration with 2GB of cloud storage and up to 30-second video recordings, or a paid account with 2TB of storage, 5-minute movies, and additional resource management options.
How to take a screenshot in Firefox or Chrome?
The option to take a screenshot while browsing the web is very useful. You can always use the immortal combination of the Print Screen button and the Paint program for this, but you can also take a screenshot more conveniently and much faster.
When creating screenshots using plug-ins in web browsers, you can additionally add individual elements to the screenshots, and even publish them immediately on social networks. Learn about the advantages of additional plugins for taking screenshots in Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.